I was actually able to pull it off, despite my lack of motivation these past two days. It’s evident by the fact that I edited for 50 hours and 3 minutes during the month of March. I’m happy that I’ve won, although I was hoping to be farther along in my novel by now.
I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep this crazy pace going through April. I’ve gotten into another hard spot in the story, and I keep writing myself into dead ends. Sometimes I’m tempted to leave the first draft scenes alone, even though I know fully well that they need to be completely thrown away and rewritten.
I’ve decided to give myself a 20 hour editing goal for this month. That means about 40 minutes of editing a day, which isn’t hard. Time will only tell if I can complete this new goal.